Friday, January 22, 2010

Early Week in Review with a little Pears and Oatmeal


Todays breakfast of the champions was delish I tell ya! I had completely forgotten the yumm-o factor of an oatmeal and pears combo! I used the recipe for whipped banana oatmeal from Kath Eats Real Food. To that I added I pear, 1 tbsp slivered almonds and a tablespoon of pumpkin butter from Trader Joe's. There's a party in my tummy!
To update my training, I'm on week 6 day 1 as of yesterday. Due to unforseen issues, I had to run back the drawing board and replan my week so that I will finish the C25K plan on 2/12/10. I shuffled some workouts around so that I ran yesterday, will run on Saturday and then next week will be run Monday/Wednesday/Thursday/Saturday and that will finish me up on week 7 on January 30th. So far so good. Last week was my first 20 minute straight run and I can proudly say that I finished it without stopping. That being said, boy did I sure want to stop! Running is such a mental sport. I am getting a little proud of myself, actually. In all of the times that I've attempted to start a running program, I've never made it this far. One time, last year, I got to the week 5 20 min run and then fizzled out after that. Durring this time around, it's taken me a bit longer than the proposed 9 weeks but that's okay because I'm going to finish strong on 2/12/10. When I reach that goal of finishing on that specific time, I am going to award myself with a garmin forerunner 305 gps with heartrate monitor! I sure do covet that piece of equipment so each run just brings me closer to that bad mamma-jamma. Other than that, legs feel great when I run. I've found the shoe of my dreams in my Brooks. I'm wondering if I should buy a second pair to alternate each week....hhhmmmm, I'll have to research that.
Well, now that my b'fast is slowly digesting, it's time for a little cross training. I'm thinking today will be The Firm Total Body Shaping Mix...an hour of pure sweaty, tall box climbing fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment