Monday, April 27, 2009

C25K Wk 1 Day 1

I lived. Got off work, went home and got my gym clothes. I can't say that it was as easy going as it was the first time because I kicked it up a notch. Not quite sure why but I felt I needed to be running faster. Any who, I still walked at a 3.0 to 3.2 pace. I ran at a 4.6 to 5.0 pace. I was watching the timer a bit more today. I followed my run with 20 min on the eliptical. I've noticed that I don't like the eliptical without any resistance. Once more resistance kicked in, my heart rate went up and I started to sweat a bit more. Good to know for future workouts. So, today's stats were 50 minutes and a total of 570 cals burned. 350 on my run and 220 on the eliptical. Not too shabby!
I don't really want to post this but for posterity....I weighed in yesterday at 237.8. Up 0.2 from last Sunday's weigh in but that was to be expected. Ate like a piggy. So far eating is going good. I did oink out a little at Gram's birthday dinner BUT, I did record everything I ate. Yeah me! Bought lots of fresh fruits and veggies. Tomorrow will probably be Subway for dinner. Can't pass up 2 servings of veggies with that meal! Still on the fence about what workout to do tomorrow. I have the hardest time working out on Tuesdays. I think I'll try one of my express workouts that lasts around 20 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment