Monday, April 26, 2010

What a Week!

                My daughter at her first 5k - Girls on the Run

Wild face paint and a wonderful sense of acomplishment on her part.  I am so proud of her!

Just an old pic I found of my youngest daughter at her first race in 2009.  It was sponsered by Girls on the Run.  All I can say is, what a wonderful program!  They gave all the girls race bibs with the number 1 on it because all of them were #1!  She now runs 2x's weekly in a school sponsered running club.  I love that she loves running!  I can't wait to run with her although her mad skills might just blow me away...she's pretty fast.

Well, back to the week at hand.  Over all it was pretty darn good.  I ran my longest distance to date...10 MILES!  It took me a little over two hours.  A lot of walking due to what I have already diagnosed myself with as IT Band issues to my left leg....PT appt Tuesday.  Overall that run was great.  I was really feeling great!  Add that to a great run last Monday....2 great runs in one week?!?  What gives?  My overall mileage for the week was 23 miles.  It all feels like it's falling into place for me.  I had a break through about running outside "in public"  I ain't gonna lie, I'm a bigger girl (workin' on whittlin' it away) and I still have a lot of jiggly parts and the somewhat tighter running clothes don't make the best of what I got.  I don't want to run on roads becase I think people might me poking fun or make comments about my bulk and the sad vision I give off as I run or that I just might look rediculous in front of other runners.  Well I ran on a well trafficed road to get to one of my running trails. I started thinking, I'm doing it.  I'm training for a marathon for cryin' out loud!  What others may be thinking is they wish they could be a runner or could have the guts to start running.  This is me...a marathoner.  Yeah baby!  I'm finally owning my strength.  And to add a delicious whipped topping to all of this, I lost 2.1 pounds this week.  My vacation didn't defeat me.  I didn't balloon out and I didn't quit running...although there were some negative/down times and I almost felt like quiting.  And I can keep up run with my sis!  Great week. Here's to another!

2 comments:

  1. Great job on the 10 miles and the loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter is so cute--love that program so much! Don't ever worry about how others may be judging you when you run. YOU are awesome getting out there so shame on them if they are. Like you said own your awesomeness. Congrats on a great training week and some weightloss! Wow!

    ReplyDelete