Tuesday, March 16, 2010

slacking, shopping, running.....in that order!

So after my most awesome run last Monday, my little sis comes into town with her baby for 5 days.  Alls I can say is that I really had the best intentions.  Long story short, no running, excellent eating habits hit the deck and my sleep was all messed up.  Enjoyed the visit but hated the underlying guilt I was making myself feel.  I worried about not running for a week and how it would affect my training.

That was my slacking....

A lot of doubts plagued me yesterday when I went for my run on the treadmill.  I was poking around at home when I knew I had a limited amount of time before work.  I had to call my sissy for moral support and as she called me back I had realized I didn't have my heart rate monitor on me.  After some tough love sissy-style and some self talk of..."who cares if you don't have your gadgets...you've got your legs, right?!?" I hopped on that treadmill and ran my little heart out.  I may have walked for a minute here and there and my pace was very erratic, I was two minutes slower than my last run, but darn it if I didn't still feel like a runner.  That feeling was there again of giddy accomplishment.  Folks, it has happened I think.  I now think of myself as a runner!

On that positive note, this self professed runner decided to go shopping.  Here's the loot!
An awesome long sleeve running shirt from REI


26.2 Miles....What Could Possibly Go Wrong?!?

Now I'm staring at some bondi bands....hmmm...

5 comments:

  1. There is nothing wrong with a little slacking every once in a while. Especially if it includes shopping! Love that long sleeve shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the feeling of "giddy accomplishment". Last friday was the first time in 20 plus years I jogged 3/4 of a mile WITHOUT stopping! I was giddy the rest of the day...

    my goal is to be able to jog 3 miles at one time without stopping..when that happens I'll be on cloud nine for a week!! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blog! It caught my eye when I saw the Seattle Rock n Roll marathon, my hubby signed up for it and is in the middle of his crazy training. You're an inspiration, I don't know when I'll work up the guts to run a 1/2!

    Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute shirt from REI! I loved my bondi band but I lost it in the chaos that is my home. Maybe I should do a little shopping... Thanks for the inspiration! Go girl!

    ReplyDelete