Saturday, February 20, 2010

Kettlebells and my first day of off C25K

I need to give a name to that 20# kettlebell.....she's a vicious task master!  I did a 40 minute kettlebell workout yesterday and had my butt handed to me on a platter. I burned about 433 calories in that time.  The instensity drills at the end were rough!  I had to jump down to a 15# kb.  After that, I hopped on my trusty eliptical and busted out 20 minutes, burned about 227 cals.  So yesterday was a full hour of sweaty fun.  On that note, I was SORE!!!  Still am.  It was one of those, it-hurts-to-sit-on-the-toilet days!

Today I ran on the treadmill for 40 minutes.  My first day off of the C25K.  I love the fact that I can just jump on a treadmill and bust out a 30 minute run.  My body felt great and I probably could've kicked it up a notch but didn't want to get too carried away!  Burned about 553 calories and got a good sweat.

Well, starting Monday, (drum roll please!) I start my marathon training.  Seattle Rock 'N' Roll here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment