Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The only true failure is when you stop trying...

The right breakfast gets the day off in the right direction!  You can't see it very well underneath there but under that mess is a fabulous bowl of whipped banana oats.  I added a pear, sprinkled some ground flax, a tbsp. of PB and a tbsp. of whole berry cranberry sauce.  Delish!

So as my title suggests, I've been dealing with "failure".  Well, not failure really, just dissapointment.  I have had a bad week + a few days and it's really messed with my running/clean eating.  Excuses, I know!  I've been thinking that the whole week.  What had bummed me out the most was the week before I had just finished up week 8 of The Couch to 5K training program.  I felt GREAT I tell ya!  My brain and body were in total sync and I was LOVING running and my accomplishment.  Who'd a thunk....28 minutes straight running!!!  I was on fire!  I saw the light at the end of the tunnel and I was going to finish this program on the the time I had set.  That gave me a week to get some consistent running in and then next week would start my marathon training.  Well, just call up Murphy and tell him to move in with me!  "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong".  You name it, it happened....parent drama, baby daddy drama, ill child with a fever from H*LL, insomnia....I'm sure I could find some other stuff to add but for now, it'll have to do.  So recap of last week, I got one run in after 5 days of no running.  I don't know if it was mental or what but that was a TERRIBLE run.  I wasn't feeling it.  I was lucky I even got that run it.  This week, it's already Wednesday and I haven't run at all yet.  Haven't even worked out with any sort of equipment.  Eating was horrendous.  2.9 pound weight gain last week on top of all of it! Tried to rein it in yesterday and now today, as evidenced by my lovely picture above. 

So, all of this said...WAAAAAAAA! Somebody call the Waaaa-mbulance!  I'm done whinning and ready to jump back into it.  I've been reading running blogs and I'm feeling it again.  This morning's search for inspiring blogs really hit the jackpot for me.  I am loving all of the first marathon race recaps.  I've got a fever....and the only prescription is more running and running blogs!!!



Say hello to my little friend!  It came in the mail the other day.  It was my prize for finishing the Couch to 5K.  Technically I haven't finished the program yet so this little beauty sits and stares at me, singing it's siren's song. 
It's a new week....well, it's almost over but choose to look at it as half full right now.  I'm ready to lace my Brooks up and hit that treadmill.  I'll post when I'm done with a lovely red faced pic of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment