Thursday, February 18, 2010

Peanut Butter, Swamp Water and the end of Couch to 5K

Stirring my way to a delish bowl of whipped bannan oats.....











Not the best pic but let me tell you! the best bowl of oats this morning.  I had whipped banana oats sprinkled with 1 tbsp each of:
  • Mini Chocolate Chips
  • Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
  • Slivered Almonds
  • Smart Balance Creamy Peanut Butter
So my morning was off to a great start.  It had to be, today was the day that I was to finish the Couch to 5K.  Well folks, did I?  Did I ever!!!  I almost got a little teary eyed on the treadmill.  I finished! I finished!!!!  I am pretty darn proud of myself today.  I feel like today I can officially call myself a runner.
The first 10 minutes of my run were awesome.  I was running like it was the easiest thing in the world.  In my mind I was imagining the Seattle sky line and U2's song "Where the Streets Have No Name" intro started...some tears might've welled in my eyes.  The next 10 I spent convincing myself to not walk and the last 5....a lot of self talk!  But I made myself proud and sprinted the last 2 minutes even though I sure as heck didn't want to. Now that's done.  On to marathon training.

I came home and was pretty hungry so I decided to make lunch 25 min early.  I couldn't think of any snack and thoughts of fish and chips with mayo dipping sauce kept running through my mind.  Well, on that note, I whipped up a green monster.  Where's the correlation?  There is none. Sometimes deep fried greasy thoughts take hold of ne!  So back to my green monster.  I'm a bit bothered by my daily drink and I think I have green monster envy.  Everyone elses looks so green and vibrant while mine usually ends up looking like swamp water or ground up gremlins. (the girls and I just watched Gremlins the other night, sorry for the visual)  Angela's from Oh She Glows always look so green and vibrant.  Oh well, I still love 'em even though they look like sludge from a swamp.

Speaking of food...I have the biggest hankerin' for peanut butter and almond butter.  I CRAVE it somethin' fierce.  I've noticed my peanut butter mania increased  after I started to take my running more seriously.   Nut butters......yumm-o!

1 comment: