Friday, May 8, 2009

C25K Wk 2 Day3


I finished week 2!! I noticed this last run didn't feel so...what's the word...TEDIOUS! It's wierd but I felt lighter and less sluggish while I ran. I'm a little concerned about next weeks run but I'll cross that bridge when I get there. For today's workout I burned 332 calories in 29 minutes. I walked at a pace of 3.4-3.6 and ran at a pace of 5.0-5.1. That's a pretty comfortable pace. I'm thinking when I finish this program I'll definitely work on increasing my speed. It's nice this time around because I don't feel like I need to kill myself at a break neck speed in order to run. I kinda got my inspiration from some books by John "The Penguin" Bingham, such as "The Courage to Start" and "Running for Mortals". I ended my fun with a little jaunt on the eliptical. I was on for 20 minutes. Let me tell you...those 20 minutes felt like f-o-r-e-v-e-r! I burned 226 calories and my heart rate was 156-168 and I was in my zone for 18 of those 20 minutes.


This week has been a slight challenge for me due to life and family. I ended up eating a big pasta dinner with wine, garlic bread (my downfall), cesar salad (lite), and cheese filled ravioli. Yikes! I did eat a little bit more than I should have BUT I charted it all on WWonline and hardly went over my daily points. I told myself that this was my one and only cheat meal for the week so ENJOY it! I did but there was still some residual guilt hanging on. I really tried hard to listen to what Jillian said on The Biggest Loser the other day. There has to be some balance in your life. You can't take it to extremes either way. It's all right to enjoy a glass of wine and dessert...once and a while. There has to be balance and moderation. On that note, the next day comes. I feel good. My eating is in check, but due to family issues, I had guests all day, which I enjoyed but it brought out the slacker within and I had a FIRM workout planned but that went in the pooper. Oh, and to add to my already perfect life (*note the extreme sarcasm*) my car is dead. AAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!! With relatives, having the fat talk with a loved one who truly loves me, my stupid car, being super tired and a custody investigation on top of it....I wanted to to say F*ck it all and just EAT. The wierd thing was....I didn't. Not because I've become magically cured of my emotional eating crutch, but, I just didn't do it. I was all prepared to play the victim of circumstance and eat all the popcorn and nachos at the movie theater while I enjoyed a late night showing of Star Trek (which was awesome by the way!) We walked in, my uncle asked if I wanted water, said no and we went in and sat down next to a whole town of sci-fi nerds. Went home after with my borrowed car from ma and went straight to bed. That's it. I really feel like losing it right about now but I don't think I will. I'm trying to push out everything else but working out....and those two sassy minxes known as my daughters. Maybe it's not the best approach, but I'm in survival mode right now and running seems to help with my anger issues.

All that off my chest, it's time for some hummus and nasty egg whites. My day just keeps getting better and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment