Tuesday, May 19, 2009

C25K Wk3 Day 1...Repeat

So last week had only one workout...(holding head in shame)....I restarted week 3 of the C25k. Over all it was a good workout. I burned 320 calories in 28 minutes. I walked at a 3.2 to 3.4 pace and started out the run on a 5.0 for the first 90 second run. By the 1st 3 minute run I ran at 5.0 for about 1 minute and then something in my head started screaming I can't do this, start walking! Instead I made myself continue and run at a 4.8. I continued at a 4.8 for the rest of the workout until the last 60 seconds of the 2nd 3 minute run. I've been inspired to pick up my book by John "The Penguin" Bingham and re-inspire myself for running. I don't have to be fast, I have no one to compete with but myself! Speaking of running, I want to give a shout out to my sister's father-in-law Jim, he ran his first (correct me if I'm wrong?) 5K!! Yeah! My sister has a few 5K's comming up too. She has her ultimate goal of a 1/2 marathon in June. She is way too awesome. I wish I could be there to cheer her on!
After the run, I hopped on the eliptical. I went back to the old ones that I first used at the gym. They don't have the handles for the upper body to move but I think I like these ones much better. 20 minutes just zoomed on by with 218 cal's burned!
So today's workout, I will post back later. I have some Firms I will be whippin' out. Oh, and possibly a walk with my pooch on this gorgeous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment