Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Food

Creamy Pumpkin Oatmeal
2 c steel cut oats, rinsed1
12 oz can ff evaporated milk
1 15 oz can pumpkin
5.5 c water
1 c splenda
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
¼ c sf maple syrup
Place all ingredients in crock pot, stir until thoroughly mixed. Cook on low for 8 hours.Serves 8. 3 points

So, I made this and just finished up my last pre-portioned bowl. I've been inspired by other blogs to add some flair to my oatmeal. My last concoction was my creamy pumpkin oatmeal with 1 tbsp semi sweet chocolate chips and 1 tbsp...or was it two? of Better n' Peanut Butter ( found at your local Trader Joes....although stuck in Juneau I'm forced to make my sister be my Kiki and run all over the greater Seattle area to buy them for me and and send them to Juneau!) Long story short, YUMM-O! It tasted just like a Pumpkin Chocolate Oatmeal cookie that a friend of mine made. Delish! Other combos have been with just 2 tbsp of Craisins. Or I've tried 2 tbsp Craisins and 1 tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips. I'm debating on whether or not to make a batch of steel cut oats plain.....or plain with the can of ff evaporated milk. That way, I can make more combos....hmmm. I'll keep you updated.

Another of my go to recipes is what I have dubbed Tuna Slaw. The name doesn't inspire by any means but boy is it delish! I'll have to take a pic next time eat it. I've made it a couple of different ways but here it is...

3 oz broccoli slaw
1 can of tuna in water, I like albacore
1/2 avocado
lots of mustard
1 pickle or 1/2 cucumber

Throw it all in a bowl and mix.
Well, yesterday I was was wanting something more from my Tuna Slaw...couldn't quite put my finger on it. I grabbed a bottle of bbq sauce and the rest, as they say, is history. Double Yumm-o! I added 2 tbsp of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment